Natural Gas Odor Reported at LEH Elementary School
Reports of a gas odor inside the George J. Mitchell Elementary School in Little Egg Harbor Township forces the temporary shut down of natural gas to the North Green Street building. New Jersey Natural Gas Spokesman Mike Kinney said they were notified by township police about the odor at 1:33 pm on Tuesday and had crews on the scene at 2:08 pm.
Kinney said learned the odor was coming from a malfunctioning roof-top heating unit. Repairs are in progress by school personnel. He said natural gas service will be restored to the school once the repairs are made.