There is some mystery and intrigue as to who started the fire at a structure in Manchester last month and why they did it.

We now know it was arson from a Wednesday announcement from Ocean County Prosecutor Bradley Billhimer who said that through an investigation alongside several law enforcement agencies, they determined the November 28 inferno was set intentionally.

The structure on Ridgeway Road was vacant and after Manchester Police responded to the scene and the MT Fire Department put out the blazes, the OCPO Arson Unit, OC Fire Marshal's Office, OCSO-CSI Unit and MTPD Detectives were all asked to the scene to look into who caused it, how and why.

Investigators determined on scene that the cause was incendiary.

While they pursue the individual(s) responsible for starting the fire, Prosecutor Billhimer said that "investigators believe that this was an isolated incident and that there is no immediate threat to the surrounding community."

If you or anyone you know has any knowledge of what happened, you're asked to call OCPO Detective Robert Kraft at 732-929-2027 extension 2745 or Manchester Police Detective Richard Conklin at 732-657-2009 extension 4211.

How Firefighters training helped put out major fires

When Ocean and Monmouth County Police saved the day