Laugh, Cry, Love & Stay Young
Today’s segment is not an original and it’s one I have aired in the past when I felt the need for me personally as well as I’m sure some of you. The title may make you think it’s for old people like me but honestly it applies to a large number of you because no matter how old you are there is something on this list for everyone. By the way the title is “Tips on how to stay young.”
- Enjoy the simple things.
- Throw out nonessential numbers including age, weight and height. Let your doctor worry about them.
- Cherish your health. If it’s good…preserve it. If it’s unstable…improve it. If it’s beyond what YOU can improve then get help.
- Keep only cheerful friends…the grouches pull you down.
- Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the beach, to another state or even a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
- Surround yourself with what you love, whether it’s family, pets, music, plants, hobbies…whatever.
- Keep learning about anything and everything. Never let the brain idle as any “idle mind is the devil’s workshop and the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s.”
- Laugh long, loud and often.
- Tears happen. Endure, grieve and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
- Tell the people you love that you love them as often as possible.
And always remember. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Might be a bit corny but it hits home.