Instant Replay: Things I’ve Talked About Time and Time Again
I am the first to admit that I often talk about things that I have addressed in the past. Let’s be honest, when you do something like this on a daily basis for some 25 years you are sure to repeat a topic or two. I may bring them up again for a few reasons…they are still relevant, I’m desperate for something to talk about or I simply have no recollection that I’ve done this in the past. So I was thinking about those subjects, issues and pet peeves that I’ve probably mentioned time and time again and came up with these…again I’m sure I’ve forgotten many for the simple reason that I’ve forgotten a lot over the years.
- Driving and traffic and everything associated with it including tailgating, not using turn signals, blowing through yield signs and more.
- People viewing the menu board at a fast food drive thru like they are dining at a five-star restaurant. It’s not like McDonald’s and Dunkin Donuts post daily specials. Order and move on.
- Those who empty their ash tray and garbage outside their car instead of walking ten steps to a garbage can.
- Facebook and just about everything surrounding it? Do you accept friends that really aren’t friends, do you have to wish all of yours a Happy Birthday, do you ignore negative comments?
- For the most part the sports teams I root for have one thing in common. They let me down time and time again.
- I would not want to be a kid again and have to grow up in these times.
- In general customer service sucks, especially when you need to speak with someone on the phone. If you can get through you will likely end up with a person you can’t understand and after a certain amount of time just give up which is what they wanted all along.
- Parents are terrible judges of talent when it comes to their own children’s athletic ability and that goes for those who also coach because when it’s their kid objectivity often goes out the window.
- Social media is great. Social media is terrible.
- Summer is coming. Look for the latest installment of my beach rules which is mandatory reading for those who love the beach and even more so for those who have no idea of the proper beach etiquette.
It’s just a matter of time before I bring some of these subjects up again for discussion…please bear with me. I old and tired.
LOOK: Here are the 25 best places to live in New Jersey