Science Just Gave Us 15 Incredibly Brilliant Weight Loss Hacks That Will Change The Game
We've all put on the COVID 15 right? Well I researched some weight loss hacks that I'm sure you've never head before...if you did hear of some of these, they are great refreshers. We can do this! Here are my top 15 favorite new hacks/facts for slimming down stat!
Scroll through to my number one favorite hack...ya welcome.
Listen to Shannon Holly mornings on 94.3 The Point and download our free 94.3 The Point app.
15. Making your sandwich with two slices of bread is so out. It's all about the open faced sandwich. Less carbs and I bet you won't notice that second slice is gone.
14. Buy a fruit or veggie bowl. We are supposed to have 5-9 servings of fruits/veggies a day and if it is reachable and ready you'll think to eat it. It's a mind trick too ever hear "out of sight out of mind?" well in sight is in mind. Plus it looks pretty.
13. Switch to green tea. Green tea is packed with compounds called catechins, belly-fat crusaders that blast belly fat by revving the metabolism, increasing the release of fat from fat cells, and then speeding up the liver's fat burning capacity.
12. Never do a situp. Well this one is interesting isn't it? Celebrity trainer Mark Langowski says sit ups are damaging to the discs in our spines. Compound exercises, such as squats and deadlifts, work muscle groups while challenging the core—giving you the rock hard abs you dream of without a single sit up.
11. Be boring. Repetition builds rhythm. Most successful losers have just a couple of go-to breakfasts or snacks, pre-set meals or workouts on certain days that will help tremendously. We are all creatures of habit.
10. Eat the yolk. The Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee dropped their longstanding recommendation that we should limit dietary cholesterol. Decades of research have shown that it has little effect on blood cholesterol levels. So go ahead and eat the yolk. Eating the entire egg is beneficial to your body because it contains metabolism-stoking nutrients, including fat-soluble vitamins, essential fatty acids, and choline—a powerful compound that attacks the gene mechanism that triggers your body to store fat around your liver. That's a good thing.
9. Use the 1/2 Plate Rule. Fill at least half of your plate with vegetables. Vegetables are nutrient-dense, high in satiating fiber, and low in calories, making them ideal weight loss tools. This is a great rule of thumb.
8. Blend veggies into your oats. This is a new trend called Zoats! People are blending zucchini, oatmeal, milk, spices and nutrient-packed add-ins such as nuts and fruit to their oats and they are loving it, so are their bodies. I started doing this and it's awesome. It keeps you fuller too...no you don't taste it.
7. Rise and shine. Late sleepers—defined as those who wake up around 10:45 a.m.—consume almost 300 more calories during the day. They also eat less fresh produce. Wake up early and get the worm...I mean fruit plate.
6. Crack the window or amp up that AC! Even turning down the heat during the winter may help attack belly fat while we sleep, according to a study published in the journal Cell Press. That's because colder temperatures subtly enhance the effectiveness of our brown fat stores—fat that keeps you warm by helping you burn through the fat stored in your belly. After participants spent 2 hours per day at 62.6 degrees F for six weeks, their brown fat stores increased. That's good.
5. Eat more often. Are frequent meals your ticket to a better body? Experts say YES! Scientists noticed that those who ate fewer meals consumed most of their calories at night and were more apt to drink alcohol with their meals. High protein snacks and veggies all day will keep you on track.
4. Sleep in a dark room. Exposure to light at night doesn't just interrupt your chances of a great night's rest, it may also result in weight gain. As crazy as it may seem, study subjects who slept in the darkest rooms were 21 percent less likely to be obese than those sleeping in the lightest rooms. Deep sleep helps you process fat in your waking hours and light keeps you awake on some level...so no TV on while you sleep!
3. Find out what's eating YOU. Emotional eating is real. Companies like Noom figured that out and are becoming more popular for good reason. Try keeping a journal and track when you eat...what was your mood at the time? There could be a link. Instead, try more productive ways to cope, like going for a walk or texting a friend.
2. Spread out your protein. The timing at which you consume your protein can make or break how much lean muscle mass you pack on. If you're like most Americans, you likely consume little to no protein for breakfast, a bit of protein at lunch and the bulk of your daily intake during dinner which isn't ideal for muscle synthesis. Luckily, fitness-minded friends, the fix is a simple one: Just distribute your protein intake evenly throughout the day and you'll see results.
1. This tip is my favorite...delay your drink. I LOVE to eat out mostly because there will be a bar. Boozing it up will reverse all your hard work. However, we ARE human and if you want a cocktail, great...just order it at the end of your meal...wait until you have about 20% left on your plate. That way, the sweetness can act as a low-cal dessert. Plus, it won't lower your inhibitions before your meal, which may prompt you to order something unhealthy off the menu. Boom.