Engage Toms River Rules and Regulations
The Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation and WOBM Engage Toms River YouTube Challenge
Create a 3-10 minute video or lip dub showing why your school, society, non profit, neighborhood, you, your family and friends believe Toms River is the best place to live in the USA and WIN $10,000!
Contest and voting begins Monday October 20th at 12:01a.m., and closes on Monday, December 1st at 11:59 p.m.
About The Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation
The Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation’s vision is to make Toms River the regional template for quality of life and strong economic health through social investment in health care, education and the arts.
Since 2013, we have collaborated with Community Medical Center to fund the Jay and Linda Grunin Neuroscience Institute with a $3.5 million gift; gave a $400,000 donation to the American Cancer Society; have invested over $220,000 in the Ocean County Vocational Schools; invested $5.7 million to develop the arts in Ocean County College; and commissioned Brian Hanlon to create the iconic, “Welcome to Ocean County” sculpture.
We are only getting started.
We want to encourage every citizen in Toms River to awaken your creativity, individuality and your artistic and technical abilities to show off Toms River Pride.
Why? We watched and were inspired by High School East’s “Lip Dub”, which has over 122,000 views on YouTube. If you haven’t seen it, watch it here. It’s amazing and fun—the energy pops off the screen.
We wondered, “Could the citizens of our community show the world what makes Toms River the best town in NJ to live?”
“Do you think it’d be as awesome as what the kids at High School East did?”
We asked some of our peers and we heard an overwhelming YES! Then we partnered with WOBM to create:
The Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation and WOBM Engage Toms River YouTube Challenge.
We want to Engage Toms River. Are you ready?
GRAND PRIZE: $10,000
PRODUCERS AWARD: $1000 Ocean County College Scholarship
VIEWERS CHOICE AWARD: GoPro Camera Package valued at $500
1. The GRAND PRIZE consists of $10,000 cash to be used as stated in your submission form. The Grand prize will be chosen by our Panel of Judges against the following criteria:
Promotion of Toms River, things you love to do, places you love to go, etc. Entrants should come across as genuine, enthusiastic and positive.
Creativity, humor, fun – you know, the things that make videos fun to watch.
Videos will be judged based on Spirit & Participation (40%), Creativity (30%), Execution (20%) and Online Votes (10%).
2. Producers Award will get a $1000 scholarship to Ocean County College. To be eligible for the "Producers Award", the video submitter must state they wish to be nominated for it during the submission.
3. Viewers Choice Award, is 100% based on online votes and will be the winner of the GoPro Video Pack worth $500. Visitors to the www.wobm.com/EngageTomsRiver website can vote for one or more videos. Any one user, as identified by I.P address, can vote a maximum of once per day per video for the duration of the contest. Any evidence of tampering or automated vote registration may result in disqualification.
One (1) Grand Prize winner, (1) Producers Award and (1) Viewer's Choice Award will be identified.
Entrants selected as the potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these rules and winning the contest is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
Videos containing nudity, inappropriate language, illegal activity and/or any objectionable content will not be eligible. Use of copyrighted material such as music is at the discretion of the video creator; entrants should be aware that YouTube may remove the video or its soundtrack if the use of copyright material is deemed to be outside the realm of fair use, and the contest sponsor may also deem a video ineligible for use inappropriate use of copyrighted material.
The Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation does not have control over, nor do we endorse any advertisements that might appear on a submitted or winning video.
Entrants must signify that they have read and accept the Official Rules and the Terms & Conditions.
Participants agree to be bound by the rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final and non-appealable.
Jay Grunin, Founder, The Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation
Jeremy Grunin, Executive Director, The Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation
Hon. Tom Kelaher, Mayor, Toms River
High School East's LipDub Team (1 vote) Chip Philips, Kyle Austin, Kevin Fischer, Ryan Gordon, Olivia Hoppe, Dan Johnson, Samantha Romano
Dana Lancelotti, Director of Business Development and Tourism for Ocean County
Sandra Levine, Producer
OCC Representative (to be named)
Ken Malagiere, owner, Narcissus Flowers
Dina Vicari, President, Ocean County Chamber of Commerce
WOBM’s Shawn Michaels & Sue Moll
How to Enter
1. Create a positive, upbeat video or lip dub (3-10 minutes) describing what you love about Toms River. See rules section “Judging Criteria” for more information on how to create your video and what the judges are looking for.
2. Fill in the entry form and upload the video via www.wobm.com
3. You will need to enter the information on the Submission Form including:
- Give your video a title.
- What is your story? Describe your submission.
- Submission Representative, Name, Address, email.
- If applicable, School, Association, Non Profit Name, etc. and Address.
- In 500 words or less, how will you or your organization use the $10,000 prize?
- I wish to be reviewed for the Producers Award TICK BOX. Producer’s name if different from Submission Representative.
Contest entry and voting on submissions opens Monday October 20th at 12:01 a.m. EST, and closes on Monday, December 1 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
This contest is open to residents age 13 and up living in Toms River, NJ.
Employees of The Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation and its advertising or promotional agencies and prize suppliers, and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
Prize winners under the age of majority in the jurisdiction of residence must have related waivers and releases executed by parents/legal guardians.
• No entry fee or purchase is required.
All Submission must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
The Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation from herewith is named “Sponsor”
1. must be an original Submission created by Entrant.
2. must be filmed on location in Toms River does not and will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party or entity, including, without limitation, patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, defamation, privacy, publicity, false light, misappropriate, confidentiality, or any contractual or other rights. Visit http://www.copyrightkids.org/permissioninformation.htm to find out how to get permission from musicians.
3. have been legally created with all the rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Submission and to grant all of the rights granted to Sponsor under these Contest Rules; and
4. if the Submission includes other individuals, they (or, if minors, their parents or legal guardians) must provide permission to the Entrant to submit the Submission in the Contest and to grant the rights set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. Submissions that do not meet the Submission requirements set forth above, contain prohibited content as set forth below will not appear on the Contest Site.
5. Submissions may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- Is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity of any kind, including wearing of swimwear (excluding as related to a swim team) or undergarments;
- Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about the Sponsor, or its products or other people, products or companies;
- Contains trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging, phraseology or building exteriors/interiors) owned by any entity;
- Contains copyrighted materials owned by any entity (including music, photographs and other works of art or images) (with the except of the Sponsor Song);
- Advertises or promotes any brand or product of any kind;
- Contains any personal identification, such as personal names, street or email addresses, or phone numbers;
- Violates or encourages the violation of any law, rule or regulation;
- Contains materials embodying the names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any person;
- Promotes any particular political party, agenda or message; and/or
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and/or goodwill to which the Sponsor wishes to associate
- Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any Submissions that it deems to be obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, lewd, derogatory, inappropriate, or otherwise not in good taste, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Use of Information
The collection and use of entrant information will be used solely for the purpose of the competition and its vision (to promote Toms River) and may only be shared with third parties affiliated with the Sponsor.
Entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. By participating in this contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to accept the official rules and the decisions of the sponsors as final and binding in every respect, including, but not limited to decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection and confirmation of the winners, and the awarding of any prize. The decisions of the Sponsor and Sponsor’s judges are final and binding in all matters related to this contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules. If there are any discrepancies between the contest and the rules, then the rules will govern.
Release, Indemnification and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and Giveaway Entities, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, losses, costs, damages, liabilities, judgments, settlements and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees) (“Losses”) of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Giveaway, participation in the Giveaway or any Giveaway-related activity, or acceptance, possession, receipt, use or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; (f) injury, death and/or damage to persons or property; or (g) claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Giveaway Entities, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives from any and all Losses of any kind that may be asserted against or incurred by Sponsor or any Giveaway Entity at any time in connection with the entries, or otherwise relating to entrant’s participation in the Giveaway, including without limitation claims concerning the infringement upon or violation of any intellectual property or other rights. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sponsors’ and Giveaway Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Sponsor or the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.