All Aboard Toms River’s New Free Summer Trolley!
UPDATE: The Trolley kick-off party originally scheduled for Saturday, June 2nd from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. has been canceled due to the inclement weather forecast. Click here for more information.
In the last few days you may have seen a quaint new vehicle making its way through the streets of Toms River.
Yes, Toms River has its very own trolley, and it's free to ride!
The service kicked off last weekend, just in time for the start of the summer season, and will ferry passengers around the downtown area through Labor Day.
According to a press release from the Downtown Toms River Business Improvement District, the free hop-on, hop-off service will make the following stops as it gets started up:
- Toms River Park & Ride Bus Terminal on Highland Parkway
- Toms River Center at the intersection Main St. and Rt. 37
- Town Hall/Library on Washington Street
- Ocean County Parking Garage/Historical Society on Hadley Avenue
- Huddy Park lot on Water Street
- Main Street at the corner of Water Street
- Irons Street free parking lot
This Saturday, June 2nd, the Toms River BID is hosting a kick-off party in Huddy Park starting at Noon. You can click here for more info!
More from WOBM: