A New Jersey Salutes Military Flyover Will Honor Frontline Workers on May 12
The New Jersey Air National Guard will conduct a flyover across New Jersey to honor the state's COVID-19 frontline workers on Tuesday (May 12).
The 177th Fighter Wing and 108th Wing have partnered with nationwide Air Force salutes for the event, they said in an announcement made Friday afternoon.
The flyover will feature a three F-16 Fighting Falcons from the 177th Fighter Wing and a KC-135R Stratotanker from the 108th Wing. The route (outlined in the image below) will cover key COVID-19 locations across the state including testing sites, state veterans' homes, hospitals, and more.
The times listed below for the flyover may vary by about 15 minutes, officials say:
- Sea Girt – 11:30 a.m.
- PNC Arts Center – 11:35 a.m.
- Millstone – 11:40 a.m.
- NJ Convention Center – 11:45 a.m.
- Menlo Park – 11:46 – a.m.
- Kean University – 11:48 a.m.
- University Hospital – 11:48 a.m.
- Expo Center – 11:49 a.m.
- *Bern County College/Paramus – 11:51 a.m.
- Vets Haven North – 12:01 p.m.
- New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs – 12:07 p.m.
- Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital – 12:13 p.m.
- Atlantic City Convention Center – 12:32 p.m.
Tuesday's forecast looks great with clear skies predicted, but the flyover has a rain date scheduled for Wednesday (May 13).
If you plan on viewing the flyover, it's best to continue practice social distancing, of course. You should avoid crowding into any of the areas for Tuesday's festivities.
In late April the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds flew over the New York City, Trenton, and the Philadelphia-metro areas to honor frontline workers.
The United States Air Force's 177th Fighter Wing is an Air National Guard fighter unit located at Atlantic City IAP, New Jersey. The United States Air Force's 108th Fighter Wing Wing is a unit of the New Jersey Air National Guard located at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst.