10 Tips On How To Stay Young (Botox Not Among Them(
I’m always humbled when someone tells me I should publish a book along the lines of “The Best of the Hometown View” and clearly over some 25 years I’ve probably done a few that would be worthy of a chapter. Unfortunately, those from the first 20+ years were never saved and I really don’t know why…maybe I was just waiting for the plug to be pulled on this daily segment which at the very least has stood the test of time.
Today seemed like a good time to bring out an oldie which is not an original but let’s be honest…almost everything good has been copied. The title is “Tips on How to Stay Young” and no matter how old you are there is something in this list for you.
- Enjoy the simple things.
- Throw out nonessential numbers including age, weight and height. Let your doctor worry about them.
- Keep only cheerful friends…the grouches pull you down.
- Laugh long, loud and often.
- Tears happen. Endure, grieve and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
- Keep learning about anything and everything. Never led the brain idle as an “idle mind is the devil’s workshop and the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s.”
- Surround yourself with what you love, whether it’s family, pets, music, plants, hobbies…whatever.
- Cherish your health. It it’s good…preserve it. If it’s unstable…improve it. If it’s beyond what YOU can improve then get help.
- Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the beach, to another state or even a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
- Tell the people you love that you love them as often as possible.
And always remember. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.