Winter Weather Preparation and Safety Tips
As we all prepare for the winter storm apparently now known as "Nemo" (really, Weather Channel? When we think of "Nemo" these days, most of us think of a cute clownfish, not the mysterious captain of The Nautilus), here are some tips from our friends at Meridian Health:
- Prepare your car with plenty of antifreeze, windshield washer fluid, and gas.
- Have rock salt or ice-melt and shovels handy and accessible.
- When a storm starts - stay indoors. Don't go out unless absolutely necessary, and if you do, wear plenty of layers.
- Use space heaters properly and safely - keep at least three feet away from furniture, drapes, and other objects, and turn off when nobody is in the room.
- When shoveling snow, take frequent breaks. Don't shovel snow if you have a heart of back condition.
- Watch for fallen power lines when walking or driving outside.
For a full list of tips for before, during, and after a winter storm, click here for much more from Meridian Health!