I have these all over my yard this year, and it seems every year they get a little worse.   And there are no smurfs living under them.

I was a little worried about these last year because of kids running around and of course the dogs, so I took the mushroom to a lawn and garden store and asked them about these disgusting things growing all over my yard.  Thank goodness they told me they're perfectly safe and won't hurt or make anyone or the dogs sick.  He told me I could spray something, but they will come right back.  It's only the month of August when they pop out...very weird?!

Do you have these all over your yard?  What do you do to keep the mushrooms off of your lawn?