What Is a Dunny, A Netty and a Privy ?
The Birth of the Bathroom!
It was on this day ( May 12th ) in History that the flush toilet received a patent. So to mark the occassion I’ve put together some other “names” for the toilet … from around the world.
- The “WC” – Which is short for “Water Closet”
- The Loo – Primarily a “British” Term for Toilet.
- The Dunny – an Australian expression for an outhouse or outside toilet.
- The Jacks – Irish term for Toilet.
- The Privy – The Privy is an old fashioned term used more in the North of England and in Scotland; “privy” is an old alternative for “private”
- The CR – Used in the Philippines , short for “Comfort Room”
- The “Netty” – Another “English” term for Toilet …