What Is a Dunny, A Netty and a Privy ?
The Birth of the Bathroom!
It was on this day ( May 12th ) in History that the flush toilet received a patent. So to mark the occassion I've put together some other "names" for the toilet ... from around the world.
- The "WC" - Which is short for "Water Closet"
- The Loo - Primarily a "British" Term for Toilet.
- The Dunny - an Australian expression for an outhouse or outside toilet.
- The Jacks - Irish term for Toilet.
- The Privy - The Privy is an old fashioned term used more in the North of England and in Scotland; "privy" is an old alternative for "private"
- The CR - Used in the Philippines , short for "Comfort Room"
- The "Netty" - Another "English" term for Toilet ...