We’ve got your Bruce Springsteen Verified Fans right here
Hey Ticketmaster, congrats on that bang-up job weeding out ticket bots! Among the lifelong Bruce Springsteen fans I know here in NJ, I've counted 5 whole tickets among them for "Springsteen on Broadway." May I suggest a better way to find the super fans?
The new Verified Fan process relies on an algorithm, leaving computers to figure out the most ticket-worthy applicants. A countless majority of fans remained on 'Standby' Wednesday, with no code and no shot at trying for face value tickets to the first run of dates.
Perhaps the most maddening for fans was the glut of tickets available instantly on Stub Hub & other sites, in the obscene price range of $1,200 to $4,000 a seat.
There's gotta be a better way for serious fans to show their credentials!
I present to you my seven question, "How big a Bruce fan are you?" test. (Ticketmaster, feel free to use this as the next round of Springsteen on Broadway tickets go on sale Thurs, Sept. 7.)
1. Have you ever taken a selfie in Asbury Park, in front of The Stone Pony?
2. The number of Bruce Springsteen shows you've been to (with the E Street Band, solo and/or the 'Vote for Change' tour) is:
A) 1-5 concerts B) 6-10 shows C) you'd rather attach an annotated list
3. Finish this sentence: "Cuz New Jersey in the morning, like a _______ ________."
4. Do you own a Springsteen tour shirt(s) from before the Reunion tour (1999-2000)?
5. Is at least one a 'bootleg' or knockoff? (ie: bought in the parking lot of the venue)
6. When 'Jack the Rabbit', 'Weak Knee Willie', 'Sloppy Sue' and 'Big Bone Billy' get together, they're most likely to:
A) play some pool B) grab a burger C) see a movie
7. What's your degree of separation from Bruce Springsteen?
A) We met once B) Sometimes I tell people we're cousins C) I've stalked him in Red Bank D) all of the above
If you answered these with ease, I'd give you tickets if I had 'em. Good luck on the next round, Bruce fans!
Proud Jersey Girl Erin Vogt’s first reporting gig involved her Fisher Price tape recorder. As a wife and momma of two kiddies, she firmly believes that life’s too short to drink bad coffee. A fan of the beach, Dave Grohl and karma, in no particular order.
BTW, answers: 3.Lunar Landscape ('Open All Night' lyrics) 6. A ('Rosalita' lyrics)