We Love Our Snacks!
Nearly half of the U.S. population snacks at least twice a day, researchers say.
Recent snacking reports from market research firms Technomic, Packaged Facts and SymphonyIRI found:
- Seven in 10 snacks are eaten in the home, but workplace snacking is on the rise.
- Retail sales of packaged snacks are estimated to reach $76.8 billion by 2015.
- When it comes to snack time, three of four consumers snack in the mid-afternoon and four in 10 people snack mid-mornings, mid-evening, and late at night.
- Half of consumers want snacks that offer an energy boost.
- Snacks such as trail mix and hummus were the highest-grossing snacks in 2011, up 11.1% and 10.5%, respectively.
- Three in 10 snacks consumed last year were beverages.
What’s your favorite snack? When is your favorite time of day to snack?