A short-circuit in electrical equipment is what sparked an accidental garage fire that destroyed a Toms River home on Silverton Road Wednesday afternoon, according to investigators. 

Toms River house fire (courtesy Ralph Stocco)

The fire broke-out shortly before 4:30 p.m., with flames quickly spreading to the home at 1401 Silverton Road. The residents escaped unharmed.

Kevin Esposito, lead fire inspector with the Toms River Bureau of Fire Prevention told The Patch that the home is uninhabitable.


Please sign up for the 92.7 WOBM Newsletter!