Saturday Snow, Websites in German and Carson Wentz’s Injury
Monday Morning Musings:
- If it’s going to snow I guess Saturday is the best day when you take everything into consideration. I thought road crews did a great job of prepping and all things considered this first snowfall was not much of a problem.
- I’m frustrated by the fact that all of a sudden when I go to weather.com on my PC it’s often in German. I’m able to translate to English but the temperature is in Celsius which does me no good.
- I honestly feel bad for Eagles fans. Great comeback win over the Rams to clinch the NFC East but it looks like quarterback Carson Wentz may have suffered a season-ending knee injury.
- I feel bad for myself as a Mets fan. The Yankees make another big splash by stealing Giancarlo Stanton from Derek Jeter’s Marlins and Baseball’s Winter Meetings open in Florida with the Mets telling you again they are not going to spend much money. Should be another banner season in Flushing.
- It seems like it’s been a couple of days since a powerful or well-known entertainment figure or politician has been accused of or admitted to sexual harassment or assault. Let’s keep it that way guys!
- If you did not watch the Army-Navy football game on Saturday you missed something truly special. I have to put attending that game in person on my growing bucket list.
- Donato at Café Italia in Toms River knows how to make people feel special. It’s a gift and talent that’s often overlooked.
- It was great that Eli Manning had a “moment” yesterday at MetLife Stadium. Wonder if it’s his last.
- Christmas is two weeks from today. I’m okay with Dunkin Donuts gift cards if you can’t think of what to get me.