Ocean County swim advisory update
Excessive bacteria in the lake in Ocean County Park in Lakewood leads to the decision to close it for swimming by Ocean County health officials, who are keeping swim advisories in effect at several ocean, bay, river and creek spots.
According to information available at the County
Harry Wright Lake in Manchester and Summit Avenue Beach in Island Heights were ordered closed for swimming Tuesday as well. Reopening will be determined when new sample results arrive Thursday.
High enterococcus and fecal coliform readings typically surface after heavy rains, such as the type that briefly drenched the shore Monday night.
Swim advisories remain in effect at:
- Waretown Lake, Ocean Township
- A. Paul King Park Beach, Stafford Township
- Dudley Park Beach, Berkeley Township
- Bamber Lake, Lake Barnegat and Forest Row Ave, Lacey Township
- Hancock Avenue and Sheridan Avenue, Seaside Heights (bay beaches)
- Bay Beach, Barnegat
- Wildwood Avenue, Ocean Gate
- Beachwood Beach, Beachwood
- Avon Road, Pine Beach