Ocean County Prosecutors Office ‘lets the dogs out’
It's not quite the Baha-Men's one hit wonder, but something more serious where the Ocean County Prosecutors Office "Let The Dogs Out", as apart of their regular visits to high schools in the area where local police K9 units can "Sniff Out" a Drug Free School Zone.
On Thursday morning one such operation took place un-announced at Brick Township High School on Chambers Bridge Road, where the school sweep includes checking lockers and locker rooms completing in a little more than an hours time.
No illegal substances are reported as a result of the search, but Ocean County Prosecutor's spokesman Al Della Fave says that when something is discovered, school officials and parents will be made aware of it and action will be taken.
They do stress the importance of NOT wanting this operation to become a "What Is The Worst High School" thing, because it is an operation to assure a Drug Free School Zone.
The K9 Drug Detectors and handlers helping in this operation were:
- Brick Township PD Ptl. Keith Prendeville - K9 Max
- Brick Township PD Ptl. Dan Fogarty - K9 Rigby
- Little Egg Harbor PD Ptl. Matt Pretty - K9 Sully
- OC Sheriff's Officer Kevin Fennessy - K9 Stosh
- OC Sheriff's Officer Michael Fioretino - K9 Utah
- Stafford Township PD Ptl. Chris Smith - K9 Ollie