NJ Transit Launches Summer Service To Shore Spots [AUDIO]
Good news if you’re planning a trip to the beach, Monmouth Park or Six Flags Great Adventure. You can skip the drive. New Jersey Transit is launching an expanded summer service.
New North Jersey Coast Line schedules take effect this Saturday, June 23rd, including special Summer Shore service that operates Saturdays, Sundays and holidays through September 9th, featuring hourly train service between Bay Head and Long Branch from approximately 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
The new schedules also include service to Monmouth Park Racetrack. North Jersey Coast Line trains will stop at Monmouth Park Station when the park is open weekends and holidays until October 7; Fridays until August 31; and Thursdays on August 9, 16, 23 and 30 for the Park’s twilight racing session. On these days only, Train 3271, the 5:52 p.m. New York Penn Station departure, will add a Monmouth Park stop at 7:30 p.m.
“Many of the features include hourly train service from Bay Head to Long Branch from 10 am until 10 pm, added extra trains to accommodate passengers looking to get away to the Jersey Shore and Monmouth Park” said NJT spokeswoman Nancy Snyder.
All summer long, customers can take advantage of discounted travel packages to destinations including the Jersey Shore, Six Flags Great Adventure and Monmouth Park:
- Beach Packages: Save up to $6.50 on admission to one of five beaches-Long Branch, Asbury Park, Ocean Grove, Bradley Beach and Belmar-by purchasing round-trip train fare and a beach pass for one price at NJ Transit ticket vending machines (choose “Special Promotions” and select “Beach Package”) or at ticket windows. Customers can purchase the package for $31.50 from New York Penn Station or any station on the Main, Bergen County or Pascack Valley lines (except from Metro-North stations), and for $23.50 from Hoboken Terminal or Newark Penn Station. Beach Packages are now on sale daily through Labor Day, Monday, September 3.
- Shore EZride Jitney provides shuttle service to beaches, shopping and dining locations in Long Branch, Asbury Park, Ocean Grove and Bradley Beach. For jitney info and shore activities, go to visitmonmouth.com.
- Six Flags Great Adventure or Hurricane Harbor: Save up to $51 by purchasing round-trip bus transportation and park admission together. NJ Transit has express bus service to Six Flags from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York, Newark Penn Station, Philadelphia Greyhound Terminal and the Walter Rand Transportation Center in Camden.
- Monmouth Park: Board a train anywhere on NJT’s rail system and save up to $6.00 when you travel to Monmouth Park Racetrack. Simply purchase a round-trip package to Monmouth Park from NJ TRANSIT ticket vending machines (choose “Special Promotions” and select “Monmouth Park”) or at ticket windows, and receive Grandstand Admission and an official track program for $1 plus round-trip train fare.
- On weekends, kids ride free on NJT: Families can combine the summer discounts with the Family Super Saver fare, which allows two children 11 and younger to travel free with each fare-paying adult every weekend and on holidays.
“Its the perfect time to start these discounted fares and discounts, with the heat wave we are going through, a lot of people throughout the state are looking to get away, head to the beach and this helps them save a little cash along the way” added Snyder.