NJ American Water replacing mains in Asbury, Neptune, Ocean Twp
Aging water mains in Asbury Park, Neptune Township and Ocean Township are about to undergo replacement, in a $3,500,000 project by New Jersey American Water.
The company is replacing 23,000 feet of underground conduits, largely consisting of galvanized metal and cast iron. The new mains are constructed of ductile iron, a carbon-rich type with greater fatigue resistance than cast iron, and greater impact resistance than PVC, HDPE, LDPE and polypropylene.
According to the company's Coastal Region Senior Director of Operations, Kevin Keane, some of the conduits are nearly a century old, having been installed as early as the 1920s. He predicts stronger water flow into household taps and fireplugs, and improved reliability.
Construction is scheduled for completion in late April of this year, with final road resurfacing to be completed in Autumn.
- Fourth Avenue, Memorial Drive to Prospect Avenue
- Prospect Avenue, Brighton Avenue to Oakdale Drive
- Robbins Road, Smock Avenue to Brighton Avenue
- Glenmere Avenue, Oakdale Drive to Forrest Drive
- Tenth Avenue, Route 35 to East End
- Full length of Elmwood Drive, Loraine Drive, McDermott Road, Schock Avenue
- Brower Boulevard, Interlaken Avenue to Logan Road
- Laurel Avenue, N. Wanamassa Drive to Sunset Avenue
- Pinecrest Road, Redmond Avenue to Roosevelt Avenue and Wells Avenue to Harnell Avenue
- Harnell Avenue, Woodcrest Road to Wells Avenue
- Full lengths of Cliftwood Road, Elmwood Road, Oakhurst Road, Roosevelt Avenue, Wells Avenue, Woodcrest Road and Phoenix Parkway