New Jersey American Water aims to keep improving service at the Shore
New Jersey American Water has instilled a plan over the next few months to put in nearly $1,700,000 worth of new water mains in various towns around Monmouth County as well as improvements in Ocean County.
In Monmouth County, work will begin in Neptune and Neptune City, Middletown and Long Branch with over 8,600 feet of new pipe being replaced, which is aged to the early part of the 1900's.
In Ocean County, work will begin in Ocean Township where 2,600 feet of water main will see improvements to better service firefighters and customers moving forward, officials say.
Work in Ocean Township will be around Wickapecko Avenue, from Grassmere Avenue to Sunset Avenue and officials with the company urge pedestrians and drivers to take caution near the work sites.
Construction in the Monmouth County towns is expected to be finished by the end of the calendar year, with final street restoration set to reach the finish line by spring of next year.
The exact streets crews will be on in Monmouth County are listed below:
- Sampson Place in Long Branch, from Long Branch Avenue towards James Street
- Ridgeview Avenue in Middletown from Mountainside Avenue to Valley Drive
- Amberst Avenue, its entire length in Middletown
- Mountainside Avenue, its entire length in Middletown
- Hillside Drive in Neptune, from Hillside Drive to Ivins Road
- Sewall Avenue in Neptune, from Whitesville Road to Ridge Avenue
- Steiner Ave in Neptune City, from W. Sylvania Avenue to 7th Avenue
- Fisher Avenue in Neptune City, from Corlies Avenue to West Lake Avenue
For Bonus-Content from the WOBM-Newsroom, watch the video featured below: