Meet Your New Congressman Andy Kim
It is finally official: Democrat Andy Kim has defeated Tom MacArthur in New Jersey's 3rd Congressional District. Kim will represent the 3rd district in the U.S. House of Representatives. The 3rd District includes sections of Ocean and Burlington Counties.
Things you may not know about Congressman-Elect Andy Kim:
- Andy was born in Marlton, New Jersey
- Andy is 36 years old
- Andy served as a United States National Security Council official to President Barack Obama.
- Andy's Wife is Kammy
- Andy and Kammy have two children
- Andy lives in Bordentown, New Jersey
- Once seated, Andy will become the first Democrat and second member in Congress of Korean descent.
- Andy graduated from Cherry Hill East High School.
- Andy was endorsed by actress Piper Perabo.
- Andy attended Deep Springs College in California before transferring to the University of Chicago and has a Degree in Political Science.
- Andy later received a Rhodes Scholarship and Harry S. Truman Scholarship to study international relations at Magdalen College, Oxford.
Learn more about Andy Kim's background via Wikipedia.
During the campaign here are some of Andy Kim's commitments:
As a Member of Congress:
- I commit to holding at least one in-person town hall every month
- I commit to not to accept a dime from corporate PACs because I believe in a government that focuses on people, not corporations
- I commit to providing daily reports on what I am working on, who I am meeting with, and how I plan to vote
- I commit to holding public comment before every scheduled vote I take
- I commit to always putting people before partisan politics
Learn more about Andy Kim's campaign promises.