Lit fuses cause smoke at New York Penn Station
NEW YORK — NJ Transit riders were greeted with smoke and loud alarms at Penn Station late in the Tuesday commute.
"An Amtrak employee who had some fuses in his bag and somehow they were lit accidentally" causing smoke to fill the Long Island Rail Road concourse, according to Amtrak spokesman Craig Schultz.
Schultz said there was no interruption to service and there were no injuries.
"It was just a matter of dissipating the smoke," Schultz said.
NJ Transit did not report any delays or related issues.
Contact reporter Dan Alexander at Dan.Alexander@townsquaremedia.com.