Ideas For Spending Quality Time With Mom
Even though Mothers Day is a big day for flower sales, there's a gift that doesn't have to cost any money: quality time. Ever since I read that book "The Five Love Languages," I've been aware that many people would rather spend time with a loved one than get a gift. I wish that I had known that while my mother was still alive. I would have made more time for her.
So if your Mom is still around, and you're able to get to her, let's make a list of things that mothers and daughters can do together. I'll offer several and then you can add some in the Comments section:
- Stroll along the boardwalk
- Go to the nail salon
- Go to Atlantic City
- Look at photo albums
- Record her telling stories about the old days
- Take her to see a movie or live performance
- Help organize her closet, (and maybe play dress-up if she has some retro or glamorous pieces in there.)
- Take her out to a restaurant she's been wanting to try
What else would help Ocean County mothers feel special? Please add to the list and have a great Mother's Day Weekend!