H&R Block Locations
(CLICK HERE for tax tips)
309 Route 9 – (next to Frankies Pizza)
Bayville, NJ 08721
305 Route – (across the street from ShopRite)
Lanoka Harbor, NJ 08734
Gunning River Mall
849 West Bay Avenue
Barnegat, NJ 08005
712 East Bay Avenue – (same shopping center as NJ Motor Vehicle)
Manahawkin, NJ 08050
- Get ready to wait. because Congress waited until after the first of the year, IRS needs additional time to reprogram their computers. The IRS will start processing returns on January 30 for most returns. Refunds will be issued in 14 to 21 days from the time your return is accepted by the IRS.
- Choose a filing status carefully. Life events can change your filing status. Be sure to review changes in your life that could impact your taxes.
- Dependents pay off at tax time. The exemption amount increases every year for inflation. Don’t forget child tax credits, dependent care credit, and education credits.
- Get Organized. Make sure you have all of your income documents available when preparing your return. Wage documents, Interest and Dividend income, Sale of Stock, Unemployment, Pensions, Gambling, and most other income is taxable.
- Always try to itemize your deductions.
- Monitor your medical expenses. You may be able to deduct any qualified medical and dental expenses over 7.5% of your adjusted gross income, AND for NJ returns you may be able to deduct any expenses over 2 percent of your adjusted gross income.
- Don’t forget your mortgage interest and property taxes, on your primary and second residences.
- It feels good to donate but you must have receipts, letters, or cancelled checks. Keep track of non-cash items that you donate, make lists, take pictures, and get receipts for clothing, furniture and cars. Document your volunteer activities. Keep track of all of your out of pocket expenses and log your miles.
- Casualty or Loss on any property may be deductible.
- Ask about any required work related expenses that you may be able to deduct.
- File your return electronically, it is the most convenient, accurate and fastest way to file your return.
- If you can’t get all of your information together in time, file for an extension. But remember, an extension is an extension to file not an extension to pay. And if you do forget something, in your favor or theirs, you can filed an amended return and make those corrections.