How Are You Preparing For Hurricane Sandy?
Here's the latest:
Forecasters say there's a definite chance that Sandy will eventually hug the East Coast and possibly even make landfall in the Northeast. One of two computer models being tracked has Sandy moving inland over the Northeast by early Tuesday morning. It could either be a tropical storm or a very weak hurricane. So here were are again, I guess you can call it waiting patiently, for this storm the early part of next week.
In preparation for Sandy, here are some emergency items you should purchase before Sunday in case of a major hit:
- 3-day supply of drinking water (1 gallon per day/per person)
- Non-perishable food, ready-to-eat canned foods
- Manual can opener (in case power is out)
- First-aid kit
- Flashlight w/extra batteries
- Battery operated radio
- Personal care/toiletries
- Prescription medicines
- Special items for infants/disabled/elderly (formula, diapers, etc.)
- Whistle to signal for help
Are you preparing for the storm now or are you going to wait until the weekend? How do you prepare?