Hiking New Jersey: Beach Hiking on Long Beach Island [VIDEO]
In our latest edition of "Hiking New Jersey" we are taking you to the beach! It's that time of year when you may want to avoid wooded areas due to insects .... including ticks. So a potential answer is hitting the beaches to hike! One good thing is we have plenty of fantastic beaches here at the Jersey Shore in Ocean and Monmouth Counties to take advantage of.....
Some things to remember if hiking at the beach this summer:
- Sunscreen - keep your skin protected because you won't have much if any shade
- Water - Keep hydrated on hot days at the beach
- Hat - for added comfort and to keep sun off your head
- Beach Gear - So you can enjoy some time at the beach after your walk
- Beach Badges - keep in mind many beaches will require a badge for access
We recently hiked at our beach in Ship Bottom, Long Beach Island ... which we love!