Heroin: What’s The Answer? Prevention, Recovery or Jail [PUBLIC OPINION]
What is the answer to the heroin problem in New Jersey and right here at the Jersey Shore? Is it prevention, recovery or jail ? What do you think is the answer? Everyone has their own opinion… what is yours?
Are we tough enough on those who sell heroin?
Coming up on Tuesday, May 9th there is going to be a “Town Hall” meeting in Toms River at Ocean County College. The program is entitled “Substance Abuse Summit: Prevention & Recovery” Several guest speakers will take part in this event.
- Congressman Tom MacArthur, who co-chairs the Bipartisan Heroin Task Force in the House of Representatives
- Ocean County Prosecutor Joseph Coronato
- Ocean County Sheriff Michael Mastronardy
- Writer Alicia Cook, who lost her cousin to an overdose in 2006. Cook created a series entitled “The Other Side of Addiction.”
- Ocean County police chiefs and superior officers
It’s a chance to talk about the heroin problem here at the Shore and maybe come up with some answers and find out what is being done to stop this tragedy.
- WHEN: Tuesday, May 9th 9 am to 1 pm
- WHERE: Ocean County College Toms River at the Gateway Lecture Hall
- ADMISSION: FREE
What Are Your Thoughts On The Heroin Epidemic ?