Helping Military And Veterans Families With Homeruns For Heroes [AUDIO]
We continue our on-going series “Homeruns For Heroes”
2013 is the fifth year of the program which, through 2012, raised over $100,000 for local military-based charities.
This Week we feature Navy/Marine Corp Relief …..
The mission of the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society is to provide, in partnership with the Navy and Marine Corps, financial, educational, and other assistance to members of the Naval Services of the United States, eligible family members, and survivors when in need; and to receive and manage funds to administer these programs.
Founded in 1904, the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society is a private non-profit charitable organization. It is sponsored by the Department of the Navy and operates nearly 250 offices ashore and afloat at Navy and Marine Corps bases throughout the world.
Chairman of Volunteers , Al Chuderski , joined Shawn & Sue to discuss the group
The Society serves:
- Active duty and retired Navy and Marine Corps personnel and their eligible family members
- Eligible family members of Navy and Marine Corps personnel who died on active duty or in a retired status
- Reservists on extended active duty for 30 days or more
- Indigent widows and mothers (65 years or older) of deceased servicemembers who have limited resources and no family to provide for their welfare
- Ex-spouses who have not remarried and whose marriage to a servicemember lasted for at least 20 years while the servicemember was on active duty