Good Advice for ALL Kids in Ocean County
I posted on my personal Facebook page the same question I posted here yesterday. Because there were so many great answers, I'm sharing them with you today. Here are some of their responses to the question, "What advice would you give to a young girl?"
- Accept things you cannot change, change the things you can, and use what you have learned to know the difference.
- VOTE after you turn 18 and in every single election after - even the small local ones...especially the small local ones.
- Tune into and trust your instincts.
- Read. Ask questions. Consider the answers.
- Know that just because people love you, doesn't mean they know what's best for you. It doesn't always make them right.
- Forgive your mistakes and learn from them. You are not perfect. That's OK.
- Be careful with what you post on social media
- Love yourself and be kind to others
- Life is a marathon not a sprint.
- Become physically strong, eat great food, save money and give 110% to whatever work and play you pursue.
- Care for your body...nutritious food, sunscreen, no smoking and all. Have a good discipline but also treat yourself regularly.
- Never be afraid of being wrong. Raise your hand, share your opinions, express your thoughts, participate, speak up & speak out.
- Truly loving yourself is the way to freedom - both spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically and financially!
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions and admit to gaps in your knowledge base - asking questions is how you learn.
- It’s ok to partner with another in life, just make sure you can always financially support yourself.
- Be brave and have confidence!
Actually, I think all that wisdom could apply to ALL kids in Ocean County! Is there any advice you would add to the list?