Get To Know The Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Over 13,000 Strong! Get to know the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Working in partnership with caring adults, Girl Scouts allows girls to explore their potential without competition from boys — an opportunity many educators consider essential for girls to achieve future aspirations. Unlike many other youth-serving organizations, the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore continues to devote its total resources to the development of girls.
Any girl between the ages of 5 and 17 can become a Girl Scout. As a member of the council, girls can participate in program activities that are not only exciting and fun, but also enrich their lives and meet the needs of their communities. The following are the different program levels:
- Daisy Girl Scouts, age 5+ kindergarten or grade 1
- Brownie Girl Scouts, grades 2-3
- Junior Girl Scouts, grades 4-5
- Cadette Girl Scouts, grades 6-8
- Senior Girl Scouts, grades 9-10
- Ambassador Girl Scouts, grades 11-12
- Adult Girl Scout Volunteers, age 18 and over
Shawn and Sue Talked with Danielle Bagdzinski & Jr. Scout Erin on Thursdays Ocean County Breakfast Show …..