A Manchester man is homeless after fire streaks through his mobile dwelling and leaves it uninhabitable.

McGrath Home, Pine Lake Mobile Park (Manchester PD)

Police say Raymond McGrath, 61, was already outside his unit in the Pine Ridge mobile home park around 11:30 PM Monday when first-responders arrived to find flames and heavy smoke billowing from inside.

McGrath, who police say lived alone in the dwelling, told officers that a lit cigar in one of the rooms might have contributed to it. He was given precautionary treatment at Kimball Medical Center in Lakewood.

The fire is not considered suspicious. McGrath is getting sheltering aid from the American Red Cross.