Contact Us

Fatal Brick Township Fire Ruled Accidental

Investigators probing the weekend house fire that left a Brick Township 66-year-old dead determine that it was accidental in nature.

Grace Merkel’s remains were found inside the one-story Dock Road home early Saturday after firefighters had doused the flames.

According to information from the office of Ocean County Prosecutor Joseph D. Cornato, detectives found nothing suspicious in the cause or origin. An autopsy revealed burn injuries consistent with the fire.

The source was traced to electrical equipment in the master bedroom.

 

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wobm.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on 92.7 WOBM quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on 92.7 WOBM quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!