Erica’s Sweets with Shawn & Sue: Crumb Cake with Chocolate Drizzle
Erica is part of the WOBM Hometown Crew. She’s young and she has dreams. And in some way, we think we’re helping her get closer to her dream. She wants a baker/sweet shop and you know what, she’ll have one someday! But for now she bakes for The Ocean County Breakfast Show every Friday morning and she shares her–everything home-made goodness!
“The base of the Crumb Cake can be whatever you’d like. I stick with my basic vanilla cake. For me, the crumbs are what sets it apart!”
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
6 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 sticks melted butter
- Incorporate all of the dry ingredients
- Add the melted butter
- Use your fingers to mix everything together
* Don’t over mix, big crumbs are the best part!
- Once cake is just about done (toothpick should come out clean), take the cake out of the oven and place the crumbs on top.
- Make sure to push them in slightly so they are set into the cake. Bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool and Enjoy