Live Events Manager, Jersey Shore
Townsquare Media is looking for a Live Events Manager who will be the point person for all aspects of Townsquare Media’s live events business at The Jersey Shore and will be involved in all aspects of each show/event.
The position will be responsible for the following:
- Primary point of contact and leadership for each event at the Jersey Shore, responsible for creating and driving revenue, and managing expenses
- Deep familiarity with our market and our products, including broadcasting, commerce, and digital marketing assets
- Lead role on in-house planning and logistics for each event: creating and managing timelines and assigning responsibilities among local staff
- Working with local sales force to drive vendor solicitation, booth sales, and sponsorship sales
- Working with local programming team to drive and promote ticket sales – responsible for creating and implementing marketing plans for each major event
- Logistics management, including travel and catering
- Availability to work weekends as needed
- New business development – sourcing, identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for organic growth or through acquisition of existing live event properties
- Idea generation and implementation
Ideal candidates will possess one or more of the following:
- 3-7 years of experience in live event production (either from an agency, venue, production company, or tour/concert promoter)
- Deep familiarity with MS Office suite products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Basic financial accounting skills (to build event by event pro forma financials)
- Existing relationships with local agencies and venues
- Familiarity with cost management and show settlement procedures
- Some production oversight experience (staging, sound & lights, pipe & drape)
- Eagerness to work hard, learn, and be part of a growing and fast-moving live events team with upward mobility for successful employees
The position will report to the Live Event Manager for New Jersey and General Manager of Monmouth-Ocean market.
If interested send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Townsquare Media Jersey Shore Group is always looking for a Sales Professional to work for our Shore Group radio stations: WJLK/WADB/WCHR/WOBM.
The candidate should have a minimum of 2 years successful Sales experience in radio. Townsquare Media offers a great working environment and a full benefits package.
Please send resume and salary history to:
General Sales Manager
8 Robbins Street
Toms River, NJ 08753
Or call 848-221-8000
Digital Managing Editor (Full-time)
Townsquare Media is looking to hire a Digital Managing Editor to oversee the editorial operations of the company’s local websites in the Jersey Shore Market, including the creation of digital content that is vital for the local community, and the growth of the audience to that content. Key responsibilities include: Partnering with teams of on-air talent to create compelling content for the community, including text, photo, video, & interactive across the site, mobile and social media. Manage the calendar of content for the site, monitor and analyze web statistics with the goal of improving performance, grow an active database for email, mobile and social media and ensure all on-air promotions, contests, events are always synced with a web component.
Candidates must have at least 5 years of online editorial experience, and the ability to nurture a strong editorial voice. The candidate should also have a good understanding of what makes content on the web sticky, conversation-starting and good for SEO. Experience working with WordPress, HTML, Photoshop and video familiarity with AP style are all a plus.
Exceptional writing and editing skills are a must. The candidate needs to be able to focus under fast-paced pressure, have great communication skills, and a sense of humor.
E-mail Don Dalesio, General Sales Manager, and write Digital Managing Editor in the subject line.
Promotions Assistant (Part-time)
Must be 18 years or older with a valid driver’s license. Night and weekend work will be required. Candidates must be dependable, have a flexible schedule and enjoy meeting new people. Responsibilities include event set up such as tents and sound/broadcast equipment, photo taking, prize distribution, coordination & participation in games and/or entertainment while ensuring a smooth and successful event.
Please send resumes to Jamie Cook, Promotions Director.
You must receive college credit for your internship!
Promotions: Work side by side with your favorite DJ’s in state-of-the-art facilities and represent 92.7 WOBM at station events! You must be able to have fun and enjoy meeting new people! Night and weekend work will be required. It’s a great opportunity to learn many different aspects of radio, limited only by your initiative!E-mail Jamie Cook, Promotions Director, and write INTERNSHIP in the subject line!
News: Take an active role with Townsquare Media’s award-winning news team! You’ll accompany field reporters on assignments, write copy, gather and edit audio, and maintain a high level of phone and face-to-face interaction. You should possess strong people skills and present yourself in a professional manner. You’ll eventually get to research, produce and air your own news package, which you can keep as part of your portfolio!
E-mail Thomas Mongelli, News Director, and write INTERNSHIP in the subject line.
Townsquare Media an Equal Opportunity Employer, wants all persons who are qualified to know about and apply for all of the job openings that WOBM-FM has available.
If you belong to or know of any community group that helps people find jobs, we want to know about them. When a job opening becomes available at this or any Townsquare Media station, we will notify that group and they can inform all of their members who would like to know about and apply for jobs at WOBM-FM.
Please tell these organizations to contact Phil Roberts, c/o WOBM-FM, to get on the Job Opportunity Employment Listing Service.
The Job Listing Service is a free Equal Employment Opportunities Outreach program of the New Jersey Broadcasters Association and WOBM-FM.
348 Applegarth Rd.
Monroe Twp., NJ 08831
NJBA Web Site: www.njba.com