Dodging the Grim Reaper
Having just celebrated or survived another birthday recently I will admit to at times being consumed about closing in on old age and realizing that the best might not yet come, it’s likely passed.
With that said here are 25 simple tips which experts insist will help me and you dodge the Grim Reaper:
- Drink at least five 8-ounce glasses of water a day.
- Don’t go to work when you’re sick.
- Put out the fire in your chest as untreated heartburn can lead to a heart attack.
- Take a magnesium supplement.
- Find time to exercise and do it outside as often as possible.
- Exercise enough to burn at least 1,100 calories a week.
- Take a Daily Multivitamin.
- Set a limit of 3 drinks when you go out.
- When you need to go to the hospital don’t be a tough guy and drive yourself. Walk-in patients wait almost twice as long as those who arrive by ambulance.
- Eat fruits and vegetables with every meal.
- Monitor your blood sugar.
- Think positive.Constant worrying shortens your life span by 16 years. (Boy am I in trouble).
- Keep your cool. Those with anger-management issues are more than twice as likely to have a stroke.
- Have breakfast within 90 minutes of waking up in the morning.
- Eat berries.
- Sleep on your side.
- Live life in a smoke-free zone as secondhand smoke raises your diabetes risk by 40% and also boosts your risk of lung cancer.
- Check your smoke alarms.
- Sip on Mint Tea.
- Cut out the sweet stuff.
- Stash a cinnamon air freshener in your car.
- Try and take a 30-minute nap in the middle of your day.
- Enjoy your coffee. it can lower your risk of dying of heart disease by some 50%.
- If you feel you are going to fall then try and let your butt hit the ground first.
- Don’t jaywalk. 77% of pedestrians killed while crossing the road are not at intersections.