Colin Kaepernick, warm fall weather and playoff baseball
Random thoughts and none involving the Yankees because after they finish off the Astros I will only have the Dodgers to root for and I don’t like them either:
- Raise your hand in you knew the NBA season started this week. Now keep them up if you care.
- Colin Kaepernick is not being blackballed by NFL teams because he led the movement to take a knee during the national anthem but because he’s not good enough to be worth the downside that would come with signing him.
- In other words owners are afraid the move to sign Kaepernick will cost them money in one way or another and nobody wants to lose money.
- I can’t believe how many people are complaining about the unseasonably warm weather. It’s like they actually want winter. There will be plenty of cool days ahead. I’ll take the 70s for as long as possible.
- Speaking of the 70s the music from that decade was better than what is being produced today, plain and simple. Yeah I know. Just another old guy rant.
- Less than three weeks until Election Day. Then we can begin the countdown to how long before all the lawn signs come down. They are nothing more than litter on the roadways.
- I used to think it was a good idea to combine the election for local school boards with the general election in November but not any longer. It was done to get more people involved in the voting process but the downside is you get less informed voters on school issues and many just pick names with no idea where the candidates stand.
- If you caught the Hometown View yesterday you know we had a work event that involved dressing up for Halloween. My grumpy old man wearing a Penn State shirt and hat did not win one of the top three prizes. I’ll have to get a little more creative next year. maybe I’ll go as Todd Frazier in a Mets uniform!
- Enjoy another sunny 70 degree day today. Winter is coming!